The [Law] Of Attraction

He was in love with me
All of me But it was too late when I finally noticed it
In his eyes I could do no wrong
I was perfect
When I cried he didn't see pain, he seen rebirth
He stares at my number in his phone, wondering if he should spark conversation with the woman of his dreams
He wishes he was the one I seen, explored

He had dreams of picnics in July, museums in the nighttime
I would be his brown-skin muse he would draw from
He would watch me eagerly as I undressed in the mirror for him
The sounds of his camera flashed
I danced to the rhythms of his lense
My voice would make goosebumps appear all over his skin
I yearned for him
Hotel rooms would be our escape
New York was the meeting place

Two separate souls united in the midst of distance
I imagined one day exchanging rings
Collecting foreign paintings
With him

In his eyes I could do no wrong
I was perfect







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything.